Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that was established on February 22, 1996 and provides culturally appropriate health programs and social services to the First Nations communities within the Dryden Tribal Area. We are located in the Northern Region of Treaty #3 Territory and serve the First Nations Communities of Migisi Sahgaigan (Eagle Lake), Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation, Wabauskang, Lac Seul and Lac Des Milles Lacs.
To provide comprehensive and holistic health and social services combining traditional values and cultural beliefs with contemporary practices that will promote healthy communities and an enhanced quality of life for the Dryden Area First Nations.
PFNF is committed and dedicated to providing culturally appropriate health and social services to the community members in our affiliated First Nation communities within the Dryden Tribal Area.
- To deliver services in a manner that respects the spiritual beliefs of all community members.
- Whenever possible, to provide services in the Anishnawbe language.
- To provide equal access to services to all community members.
- All services will be universally accessible to all community members.
- To recognize the inherent differences in people in the delivery of services.
- To advocate for community members trying to access services provided outside the community.
- To oversee the development of a full range of culturally appropriate services including promotion, prevention and intervention.
- To ensure that the resources to meet the community needs are in place.