Contract Enhanced Care Coordinator
The Contracted Enhanced Care Coordinator will participate in the further development and implementation of the palliative care program and standards of care in conjunction with the Wabigoon & PFNF Health Teams. The Enhanced Care Coordinator Will support and address physical, social, emotional, and spiritual care needs of their clients and caregivers. Services include but are not limited to; home visits with homebound elders and collaborating with community care workers to ensure the best care possible for community members.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Fifty-Fifty Cost Shared Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
SUMMARY OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the Wabigoon & PFNF Health Teams to proactively identify
clients who are appropriate for palliative and end of life services, and inform all referrals
based on client/caregiver goals to determine the appropriate level and type of service
- Initiate, arrange, and facilitate case conferences with the interdisciplinary team, as
appropriate, for management of client care issues such as determining families
understanding of illness and discharge planning of palliative or end of life care needs
- Provide quality client focused care that enhances and promotes independence, dignity,
comfort, and wellness
- Provide information and teaching of palliative and end of life care to clients and their
- Perform personal support and personal care as required and as member of multidisciplinary home care team
- Perform wound care as per nursing assessment and demonstrated competency
- Work within flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Maintains and promotes safety by being a proactive safety leader and by following safe
work practices and policies as prescribed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Have successfully completed a training program either as a certified Personal Support
Worker, or as a Personal Care Attendant; or have a current registered practical nurse
- Willingness to obtain Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP), or
- Must possess valid driver’s license, have clean driver’s abstract, and be insurable
- Current updated immunization required
- Must possess or be willing to obtain current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a vulnerable sector criminal
- Ability to communicate in Anishinaabe Language an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and be a proactive team member
- Must have computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Previous experience, knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and protocols
is considered an asset
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to (807) 223-5012.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.