Healing Lodge Traditional Counsellor
Working within the context of a client-centered holistic care and the vision, mission, and values of Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc., the Healing Lodge Traditional Counsellor offers one-on-one, group counselling , cultural support, and traditional teaching to promote the whole person spiritual, emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical wellbeing of our clients.
The Healing Lodge Traditional Counsellor performs his/her duties in alignment with Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.’s vision, mission, and values.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Fifty-Fifty Cost Shared Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Education and Experience
- Experience providing counselling through a traditional cultural approach
- Post-Secondary education in the Social Services field or in Mental Health and Addiction Services would be considered an asset
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals in a one-on-one and/or group environment
- Knowledge of indigenous resources and how to access them
- Successful completion of a Criminal Reference check including Vulnerable Sector check Key Knowledge
Key Knowledge Areas
- In-depth knowledge of diverse cultural healing modalities, such as smudging, healing circles, sweat lodges, ceremonies, drumming, etc.
- Knowledge of the diversity of Indigenous cultures, identities, lived history and the inter-generational impacts of residential school, and colonization on the individual and the family
- Deliver services in the manner that respects the spiritual beliefs of all clients
- Knowledge of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal communities, organizations, and service providers.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with the demands of a diverse team environment and cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license, with clean drivers abstract.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel programs for case-management and reporting purposes
Please forward a cover letter, and resume with three References to:
(Ensure your email subject clearly indicates Traditional Counsellor Position)
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to (807) 223-5012.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.