Registered Nurse (RN) x 2
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
Paawidigong First Nations Forum is looking for two Registered Nurses in Dryden, Ontario to provide outreach services in two First Nation communities within the boundaries of the Paawidigong First Nation Forum region. Outreach services include, but are not limited to; Health education, Community based health prevention and promotion activities to promote healthy life choices, nursing care through home visits, Immunizations for infants, children and adults, screening, and prevention activities for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and diabetes management. Facilitating health workshops and clinics and collaborating with community care workers as well as various agencies to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and culturally safe care for our clients.
Summary of Knowledge and Skills
- An approved Canadian University Baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Valid CPR certification – level HCP (Health Care Provider)
- Advanced certification such as Foot Care and Diabetes Management is considered an asset.
- Current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Excellent patient assessment and triaging skills including a Health Assessment course
- Awareness of Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) initiatives that promote best evidence-based practice.
- Minimum five years nursing experience with First Nations
- Experience in Community Health Nursing and/or Home and Community Care/Public Health Nursing is preferred
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language is an asset.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Travel is a requirement of this position therefore, Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal vehicle is required.
Ensure your EMAIL SUBJECT clearly indicates the position you’re applying for.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.