Receptionist / Intake / Referral Clerk
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
Paawidigong is looking for a Receptionist / Intake / Referral Clerk to attend to visitors / clients of Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc. Healing Lodge. The successful candidate will also deal with general inquiries, messages, answering and forwarding phone calls. The Receptionist / Intake / Referral Clerk provides general information about the organization and programs to the public & clients and provides clerical and administrative support to various Healing Lodge program staff and clinical services.
The Receptionist / Intake / Referral Clerk is also responsible for collecting information of incoming clients in addition to the processing of new clients for all social services under the organization. The Receptionist / Intake / Referral Clerk manages intakes and referrals for the PFNF Social Services Department and from various external sources/services/agencies, treatment programs, and Crisis response services. In addition, will maintains client files, liaise with staff at all levels, schedule appointments, organize conferences and meeting room bookings and other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Administrative Assistant Certification and/or a minimum of 1 year clerical experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with organizational specific programs and software.
- Experience working in a social service agency.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work both cooperatively as a team member and independently.
- Basic knowledge of community and First Nations resources and how to access them.
- Fluency in Anishinaabe language is an asset.
- A valid driver’s License and access to a personal reliable vehicle is required.
- Successful completion of criminal reference check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Must be willing and able to travel to the First Nation communities in the Dryden area and other locations as needed.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.