Mental Heath & Addictions Counselor
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
The MHAC will provide direct counseling to clients 16 years of age and older, as appropriate, as well as work collaboratively with a variety of services and/or service providers. The MHAC will apply best practices for mental health and addictions services as well as programs to clients.
The Mental Health and Addictions Counselor (MHAC) will provide early identification and intervention in the areas of counseling, skill development, and support services to Clients who are experiencing familial, emotional, behavioral, loss, and grief as well as Addiction issues. The MHAC Counsels clients in individual and group sessions and completes comprehensive referrals for clients who may be referred for other treatment within or outside of the community.
The MHAC will provide assessment, counseling, referrals, and collaborate with other Mental Health service providers to ensure a continuum of care in the community for the individual and/or families.
Summary of Knowledge & Skills
- Post-Secondary Education requirements include a Diploma in Mental Health or Social Worker program and/or a Bachelor of Arts in the Mental Health field.
- Two years minimum of direct clinical experience working with clients, adolescents, and families
- Clinical knowledge of indigenous mental health challenges and interventions, assessment, counseling skills, case management and program development (counseling individuals as well as group sessions)
- Ability to incorporate culturally specific approaches to healing and programming
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organizational, and facilitation/training skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language is an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.