ADI Educator & Program Educator
The Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative (ADI) Educator/Program Coordinator will provide a variety of holistic and comprehensive, prevention and education services on Diabetes to Paawidigong First Nations communities of Lac Seul and Wabauskang. This includes the promotion and incorporation of traditional knowledge and the adoption of healthy lifestyles.
The goal of the ADI Educator/Program Coordinator is to improve the health status of First Nation individuals, families, and communities through actions aimed at reducing the prevalence and incidences of diabetes and its risk factors. The ADI Educator/Program Coordinator will increase Diabetes Education, awareness, and prevention through various presentations, workshops and activities, and engagement with health service providers to school age children, youth, and community members
SUMMARY OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Diabetes Educator Certification or a diploma in a related health field or Previous experience caring for or working with individuals with Diabetes
- Knowledge on Diabetes and how to research a variety of information for the development and distribution of diabetes education and awareness materials such as, but not limited to, the following: pamphlets/brochures, posters, fact sheets, display material, and other materials
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organizational, and strong presentation/facilitation skills to effectively deliver comprehensive education and awareness presentations/workshops in a creative manner
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language is an asset
- Possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle
- This position requires extensive travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to (807) 223-5012.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum.
Attention: Human Resources
105 King Street
Dryden, ON P8N 1C1
- We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.